As we inch closer to Spring Training and Opening Day, teams are bound to announce various bits and pieces of the upcoming season. For some fans, the fun piece of news to wait for is the promotions and giveaways. Yesterday, the Minnesota Twins officially announced the tentative schedule for the special events and promotions they will have this summer at Target Field.
For you bobblehead fanatics, there are three dates that you want to mark on your calendar:
- The Twins Hall of Fame Weekend is May 22 and 23 against the Chicago White Sox, and a Juston Morneau Twins HOF Bobblehead will be given away. The first 10,000 fans through the gates on Saturday, May 23, will receive this item.
- If you haven’t heard, Minnesota signed Josh Donaldson. What better way to celebrate than to collect a Twins bobblehead of him? The first 10,000 fans that get their ticket scanned on Tuesday, June 16, against the Milwaukee Brewers will have a miniature Bringer of Rain with them forever.
- Lastly, Saturday, June 27, will be when the Twins will be giving away a 30-Home Run “Bomba Club” Bobblehead to the first 10,000 fans that will watch the home team take on the Colorado Rockies. The bobblehead will include Nelson Cruz, Max Kepler, Mitch Garver, Miguel Sano, and Eddie Rosario.
If you’re not into bobbleheads, there are definitely some other great items that the Twins are giving away this year:
- For the home opener - Thursday, April 2, against the Oakland Athletics - the first 30,000 fans will get a quarter-zip pullover.
- Monday, May 4, when the San Francisco Giants come to town, is the Star Wars Theme Night (probably “May the Fourth Be With You” fits in, am I right?) at Target Field. The first 10,000 fans will get a themed t-shirt while fans can also purchase a special theme night ticket to receive an additional promotional item.
- Dairy Queen will be sponsoring the Twins cap giveaway on Saturday, June 6. The first 20,000 fans through the gate to see the Twins take on the Los Angeles Angels will receive this cap.
- Friday, July 31, is the kick-off to the Twins’ 60th Season Celebration Weekend when the Houston Astros visit Target Field. I can’t think of a better way to kick it off than the giveaway for the Friday game: a replica baby blue Twins jersey for the first 10,000 fans.
- The Twins will salute the Negro Leagues with their Negro League Centennial Celebration on Friday, August 14. Fittingly, as the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum is in Kansas City, the Royals will be the visitors. The first 10,000 fans will receive a St Paul Gophers Shortbill Cap. I’m also hoping we see a turn-back-the-clock night with Monarchs and Gophers uniforms.
- Fan Appreciation Weekend will be Friday, September 18, and Saturday, September 19, when Ron Gardenhire’s Detroit Tigers come to visit. The first 30,000 fans each game will receive a free Twins Stocking Cap. Kids Appreciation Day will follow on Sunday, September 20, when all kids 12 and under will get a free T.C. Kids Mug.
If you’d like a full list of promotions, giveaways, and theme nights, check out the Twins website here.
Are you an avid bobblehead or giveaway item collector? Do you have any stories of crazy giveaway games you attended? Share with us in the comments!
Do you go to a Twins game specifically for a giveaway, promotion, or theme night?
This poll is closed
Mark your calendars, Twins fans.
The Twins released their special events and promotional schedule on Thursday, just days before single-game tickets for the 2020 season go on sale. They will go on sale at 10 a.m. on Monday.
The Twins will kick off their giveaways on April 2, the day of the home opener, when the first 30,000 fans in attendance will receive a quarter-zip pullover.
Throughout the course of the season, they will release three bobbleheads, starting on May 23 when the first 10,000 fans in attendance receive a Justin Morneau hall of fame bobblehead. That same day, Morneau will be inducted to the Twins’ Hall of Fame ahead of an afternoon game against the Chicago White Sox.
The Twins also will give away a Josh Donaldson bobblehead to the first 10,000 fans in attendance on June 16, plus a statuette that honors the five members of the Twins’ 30-home run club — Nelson Cruz, Mitch Garver, Max Kepler, Miguel Sano and Eddie Rosario — on June 27 against the Colorado Rockies.
Along with Hall of Fame Weekend, the Twins will also have a special 60th season celebration weekend, which will take place from July 31-Aug. 2 against the Houston Astros. On July 31, the first 10,000 fans in attendance will receive a baby blue replica jersey, and on Aug. 2, there will be a Twins Legends Game.
Other clothing giveaways include a corduroy bomber camp (April 18), a “Star Wars” shirt (May 4), a Twins hat (June 6) and a shirt (Aug. 22), among others. Celebration days include Celebrate Diversity Day (Aug. 18), Native American Heritage Celebration (Aug. 19) and a special Negro League Centennial Celebration (Aug. 14) where the first 10,000 fans in attendance will receive a St. Paul Gophers cap. Additional celebration nights will be announced at a later date.
A full list of promotions can be found on the Twins’ official website.
Twins announce '20 special events, promotions
January 30th, 2020
MINNEAPOLIS -- Mark your calendars: The Twins have released their schedule for special events and promotions for the 2020 season, as they look to defend their surprise American League Central championship from a year ago.
Longtime first baseman Justin Morneau will be inducted into the Twins' Hall of Fame during the weekend of May 22-23, highlighted by his pregame induction ceremony on May 23. Later in the season, the club will revisit its time in Minnesota with the 60th Season Celebration Weekend from July 31-Aug. 2, which will feature a Twins legends baseball game before the Aug. 2 match against the Astros.
Each of those weekend celebrations will be accompanied by special giveaways, including a Morneau Twins Hall of Fame collectors' pin (May 22) and bobblehead (May 23), as well as a special baby blue replica Twins jersey (July 31).
The Twins' other two bobblehead giveaways will commemorate the Bomba Squad's power -- past and future -- with a figurine of newly acquired slugger Josh Donaldson on June 16, and a special "Bomba Club" statuette on June 27, featuring Nelson Cruz, Mitch Garver, Max Kepler, Miguel Sanó and Eddie Rosario, the record-breaking five teammates who each hit 30 or more homers in 2019.
The club will also give away apparel items, including a Twins quarter-zip pullover (April 2, the club's home opener), a corduroy bomber cap (April 18), a "Star Wars" T-shirt (May 4), a Twins cap (June 6), a Twins T-shirt (Aug. 22) and a stocking cap (Sept. 18-19).
The full schedule of theme nights at Target Field this season will be released at a later date, but some of the club's "Celebration Days" for the season will include Pet Adoption Day (May 9), Armed Forces Appreciation Day (July 12), a Negro League Centennial Celebration (Aug. 14), Celebrate Diversity Day (Aug. 18), Native American Heritage Celebration (Aug. 19) and Dominican Republic Day (Aug. 23).
Single-game tickets for the full 2020 regular-season schedule will go on sale next Monday, but tickets for the April 2 home opener and all other April home games are already available online, via phone at 1-800-33-TWINS or at the Twins' box office. The 2020 "Twins Pass" ticket plan is also currently on sale at a special rate of $45 per month.
The full special events and promotions schedule, as well as details regarding special ticket programs, can be found at this link.
2020 twins giveaways
.SAYING YES TO MY TWIN - HUGE GIVEAWAY😍 (AirPods+Huda Beauty) - Chinki Minki
- Thundereggs vs geodes
- Ender 3 wifi
- Mp5 loadout
- Perfect patchwork template
- Vogue 1234
- Wat ssb
- Turlock fair hours
- Kirsty bentley