For the feature in Minecraft Dungeons, see MCD:Weapon.
Weapons are items that can be used to damage entities. They can take the form of a sword, bow, or various other items capable of dealing damage. They can also be enchanted to deal more damage or add other benefits.
There are various types of weapons:
Melee weapons can be held while punching to deal extra damage, but with a longer attack time than punching. (attack time is a cooldown time for a weapon)
- Swords are generally the most effective melee weapon, due to their high damage per second[Java Edition only] compared to other weapons. All swords have a cooldown time of 0.6 seconds, 60% faster than axes.[Java Edition only] Swords are the only weapon type that can do sweep attacks to hit multiple targets. In Bedrock Edition, they deal more damage than any other melee weapon except for tridents. [Bedrock Edition only]
- Axes in Java Edition deal more damage per hit than their sword counterparts, but have a slower cooldown time. Wooden and stone axes have a cooldown time of 1.2 seconds, 80% slower than swords. Iron axes have a cooldown time of 1.1 seconds, 70% slower than swords. Golden, diamond, and netherite axes have a cooldown time of 1 second, 60% slower than swords. Axes are the only weapon type that can disable a shield, which can be lengthened with Cleaving[upcoming:JE Combat Tests]. In Bedrock Edition, axes deal one less damage than their sword counterparts.
- Tridents can be swung, dealing the same damage as an unenchanted stone, iron, or diamond axe[Java Edition only] or the same damage as an unenchanted netherite sword [Bedrock Edition only], and when thrown they always do the same damage as an unenchanted netherite sword. They have 10% faster attack speed than golden, diamond, and netherite axes[Java Edition only], being 0.9 seconds. Unlike most other projectiles, they are not slowed down in water, but a thrown trident must be retrieved, unless enchanted with Loyalty.
- Pickaxes are less effective than swords, but deal the same damage as axes. All pickaxes have a cooldown time of 0.8 seconds, 20% faster than axes.[Java Edition only] Pickaxes, unlike axes, cannot receive combat enchantments like Sharpness, Smite, and Bane of Arthropods. In Bedrock Edition, pickaxes deal two less damage than their sword counterparts.
- Other tools, like Hoes and Shovels, can be used as weapons, but they are not as effective as other melee weapons.
Ranged weapons are not as effective in close combat, but they are effective at attacking enemies from a distance.
- Bows are the most common ranged weapon, shooting arrows at enemies to deal damage. Bows have a charge up mechanic, similar to melee weapons, and arrows go the farthest and deal the most damage when shot from a fully charged bow.
- Crossbows have a longer range than bows, and deal more damage, but take longer to charge when unenchanted. The charging time can be drastically reduced with the Quick Charge enchantment to charge far faster than a bow. They can also shoot Firework Rockets to deal splash damage, but unlike the bow, crossbows cannot fire a partially charged attack; the player must fully charge a crossbow to load it and fire. Furthermore, a crossbow can be charged and put away to be fired later.
Other items listed below can be used as weapons but usually have other intended uses and should be used strategically.
- End Crystals and Respawn Anchors can be used to deal excessive explosive damage to targets in quick succession.
- Cobwebs can be used to drastically slow the move speed of targets.
- Flint and Steels and Fire Charges can be used to set the ground on fire and damage enemies.
- A Lava Bucket can deal serious damage to enemies and significantly slow them down, but it requires strategic placing. In certain situations, it can be used in conjunction with a Water Bucket to suffocate the entity in Obsidian.
- TNT is an effective weapon against enemies, whether planted and ignited on the spot or buried beforehand and activated in a chase. The player can substitute this with a Creeper, or a Bed when used outside of the Overworld.
- Hostile mobs can be used as weapons when used strategically, but this can be hard to set up due to the fact that these mobs also attempt to attack the player.
- Redstone traps can be used to kill the entity with all sorts of environmental damage, ranging from fall damage to suffocation to anything in between, but these must be prepared beforehand.
- Anvils can be used to damage mobs and players, at the cost of damaging the anvil.
- Certain blocks cause damage on contact, and can be used as barriers to mobs and players without the ability to break blocks. These include a Cactus, an Sweet Berry Bush, a Wither Rose, a Campfire and Magma Block (if the target isn't sneaking or wearing frost walker boots).
Weapons are items used to kill players and mobs faster which can be found as loot or created through crafting. When a player left-clicks a mob no more than 3 blocks away, they will deal a level of damage based on what they are holding. There are currently only four items in Minecraft which are considered as proper weapons: swords, tridents, bows, and crossbows(1.14). Axes can also be wielded as weapons (as can some other tools), but they are more considered as tools, and therefore they have detrimental side-effects when used as weapons. Also, some potions can be used as weapons. Weapons can only last a while depending on how much you use it.
Weapon materials and efficiency
Swords can be crafted from five different materials. The sword materials, from highest to lowest attack strength/durability, are as follows:
- Wood Planks
Each material has a limited number of uses (referred to as the weapon's level of durability), and each will deal with a specific number of hearts damage (attack power). Better materials both mean more damage and higher durability, with the exception of gold, which has very low durability.
Critical hits can be dealt by sprinting or jumping and then landing a weapon strike on the target. They deal more damage than basic attacks which can be dealt by just left-clicking a player.
A mobs' health is measured in "hearts", just like the player's health.
This is a chart cross-referencing weapons with materials to find the amount of damage dealt. Notice the pattern.
As fists and arrows do not have a "material", their damage is constant. Although hoes are tools, they are not counted as weapons and have the same effect as fists (no durability loss and same damage).
Before Beta 1.5, fist and non-tool attacks did damage. This was increased in Beta 1.5 to damage, but it was then reverted in the Adventure Update. However, this was balanced somewhat with the addition of critical hits.
- Main article: Bow
Arrows provide ammunition for a bow, and they can either be crafted or found as a common drop from skeletons. When fired, they will fly in a ballistic trajectory affected by gravity and drag in air or water traveling approximately 3 blocks when fired parallel to a flat plane with no charge, 2 blocks average with minimum charge 15 blocks average with medium charge, and 24 blocks average with maximum charge. Players can pick up previously-fired arrows that have stuck into a surface; however, if the arrow was shot by a creative player or by a bow with infinity, only players in creative can pick the arrow up. If a skeleton shot the arrow, then no player can pick it up.
- Main article: Trident
Tridents are spear-like weapons that are stronger and more accurate than any weapons in the game and were added to Minecraft1.13. They are both ranged and melee weapons. Tridents are currently only obtainable in creative mode or in survival mode when a player kills a drowned wielding one. They deal 4 hearts () of damage when thrown and 4.5 hearts () of damage in melee.
- Main article: Crossbow
Crossbows are bow-like weapons that have been added in the update 1.14 and do more damage than the bow. Arrows are ammunition for the crossbow, and can be loaded in the same way as a bow; however, a player can also right-click to load an arrow in a crossbow. In order to shoot the arrow, a player needs to either hold the right mouse button or right-click again. Crossbows can deal up to 5 hearts () of damage. Crossbows can also use firework rockets as ammo which will do area damage. To load a firework rocket, a player must have the firework rocket in their left hand and the crossbow in their right and either holding or right-clicking.
Pillagers, a mob added in 1.14, will use crossbows when attacking players or villagers and may drop their crossbows as a rare drop, piglins also drop it too.
Tools as Weapons
Axes, pickaxes, and shovels can be used as weapons. If a player is holding anything besides these three or a sword, a normal attack will deal 'fist' damage. However, the durability of a tool will wear down at twice the rate if it is used as a weapon, with the rationale that it is not being used for its intended purpose. Fishing rods will wear down at thrice the rate if you pull entities around with it.
Weapons as Tools
Weapons in Minecraft Dungeons are a type of equipment that is used to inflict damage against hostile characters such as Enemies and Bosses. Weapons are categorized into different types that cater to a player's playstyle, each weapon equipped possesses its own stats, grants bonuses, and effects. There are two types of weapon rarity, first is the Common to Rare types which are weapons that have fixed bonuses and are commonly found as location drops, crafted by the Village, Mystery, and Luxury Merchants, and are obtained as rewards, while Unique Weapons are special types that have unique bonuses as well as other fixed bonuses and rarely dropped in locations or by bosses. Weapons are usually obtained as rewards from completing quests, purchased from merchants, looted from various locations, or are dropped by enemies or bosses. This page will indicate a list of all the Weapons in Minecraft Dungeons which will also include its description and values. You can find detailed information on its location and properties on each individual page linked below.
Enchanting a Weapon
Weapons can be empowered by unlocking Enchantments. Each time a player increases their level, they'll receive 1 Enchantment Point. Enchantment Points are used to unlock enchantments and to increase its tier level to maximize the effect. Each weapon has a different set of enchantments that are available and players can only choose up to three different enchantments.
Can I Respec my Enchantment Points?
In Minecraft Dungeons, players can choose the option to "Salvage" it, by doing so, salvaging will allow you to obtain back the number of Enchantment Points you have spent on a specific armor, as well as a decent amount of Emeralds. Upgrading an item with Emeralds also gives you your enchantment points back.
Minecraft Dungeons Weapons
Weapons and Armour
The main weapons in Minecraft are swords and bows, although other items can be used as weapons too.
Hand-to-hand or Melee weapons are things you hold one end of and hit your enemy with the other. The main hand-to-hand weapon is the Sword, but Axes, Pickaxes and Shovels can be used too.
Swords are made from wood planks, cobblestone, iron, gold or diamond on a wooden stick handle:
Swords made from better materials last longer and do more damage, with the exception of gold. There is no reason to make a sword from gold. A better sword will kill an enemy with fewer hits.
Swords can be further improved by enchanting.
An axe will actually do more damage with each blow than a sword, but it is slower to use. Consider using an axe against weaker opponents that can be killed with one blow, but a sword will be better in most situations.
Axes also have a chance of disabling an opponent’s shield. This chance is improved by Efficiency enchantments and if you land a blow while sprinting.
Left-click to attack.
It is not effective to click-click-click as fast as as you can. If you click too fast, you will only deliver weak blows to your opponent. Instead, wait for a moment for your weapon to be ready for another full-strength attack. This “attack cooldown” period is about half a second with a sword, or a little over a second with an axe.
You can have an Attack Indicator on screen to help you with this - from the screen click and you can choose to have an either by the crosshairs or by the hotbar.
Two locations where you can display your Attack Indicator
There are several special attacks you can do:
If you are sprinting when you hit an enemy with a sword, it will be knocked backwards. This is a good tactic to keep creepers at a safe distance.
If you are falling when you hit an enemy, it causes extra damage. This can be done by jumping before you attack. You will see a sparkly pattern if you are successful.
If you are standing still or walking (not running) when you hit an enemy with a sword, you will also hit nearby enemies, knocking them back and doing them a little bit of damage. This only works with a sword, and only when the Attack Indicator is full.
Bows are your best ranged weapon. They are made from sticks and string. There are no fancy bows made from better materials, but that can be made a lot more powerful by enchanting them.
To fire a bow, hold down the right mouse button to draw the bow back, then release. If you draw the bow back fully, it will fire with full power. If you let the arrow go before the bow is fully drawn, both the range and the power will be reduced.
You will also need arrows! Arrows can be obtained by killing skeletons, or crafted from sticks, feathers and flint. Flint is obtained by digging in gravel, and feathers come from chickens.
To fire a bow, hold down the right mouse button to draw, aim, then let go to fire. The longer you hold the button down, the more the arrow will ‘charge’and the more damage it will do.
To get flint, you need to dig lots of gravel with a Shovel. 10% of the gravel blocks you dig up will give you flint instead. The rest of the gravel you can replace and dig again.
Feathers come from chickens! Check out our farming guides for more information on how to get lots of chickens.
Arrows can be tipped with Potions, so that when they hit their target they will have the same effect as if the target had drunk the corresponding potion.
To create tipped arrows, you will need normal arrows and a Lingering Potion of the desired type. Lingering Potions can only be made after you have visited The End, so you will not be making Tipped Arrows early in the game!
A Spectral Arrow will cause your target to be outlined with a glowing white line, so you can see it even if in the dark, or if it goes out of sight behind a wall.
Spectral Arrows are crafted from arrows and Glowstone Dust.
If you’re carrying more than one kind of arrow, how do you know what you will use when you fire your bow?
If you have an arrow in your off hand (or if you have your bow in your offhand and an arrow selected on the Hotbar) then that row will be used.
Otherwise, if you have any arrows in your Hotbar, the first one of those (the left-most) will be used. Finally, if you have no arrows there either, then the first arrow in your Inventory (counting from top left) will be used.
If you have no sword, you can use any tool instead. Axes are best, but pickaxes and shovels are better than fighting with bare hands.
A bucket of water can be used to keep your enemy at a distance, and a bucket of lava has obvious value if you empty it at your enemy’s feet.
A flint and steel can be used to set stuff on fire to harm your enemy.
Armour can be made from leather, iron, gold or diamonds. Better armor will be more protective and last longer, with the exception of gold, which you shouldn’t use unless your only goal is to look nice. Armour can be improved by enchanting.
Leather armour can be dyed all sorts of colours.
A set of armour is made from four pieces: helmet, chestplate, leggings and boots. Each fits into a special slot on the inventory screen.
The strength of your armour is shown above your health. Your armour will become damaged as you fight monsters, and this will reduce the protection your armour gives you.
You can repair damaged armour using an Anvil.
Shields are crafted from Wood Planks and an Iron Ingot:
Your shield can be decorated by combining it with a Banner. This will consume the Banner.
Using a shield will help to defend you against any attack coming from in front of you.
To use a shield, hold it in either hand and right click. (Be aware that if your shield is in your Off Hand, you may not be able to use it depending on what you have in your Main Hand).
While you hold the mouse button down, you will suffer reduced damage from attacks from in front of you, and projectiles will be blocked completely.
Minecraft weapons in
Minecraft Top 10 Most Powerful Weapons (And how to Get Them)
Which are the most powerful weapons in Minecraft and how do you get them?
The world of Minecraft is a vast and beautiful place, filled with breathtaking sceneries and landscapes, but within these beautiful fields of grass and dirt, many threatening creatures are waiting to sneak up on you; and whether you are an adventurer mining for diamonds or looking to sly the end Dragon, you need to be equipped with the most powerful weapons if you want to survive on this harsh environment.
So, take your diamond pickaxe and let's get mining through the Top ten most powerful weapons and how to get them:
Topping this list is probably a very controversial weapon (TNT) since many people don't consider it to be a weapon, but when it comes to damage we beg to differ since, TNT can deal loads of damage if used correctly, of course in combat TNT respects no one, so using it could harm or even end up killing you which could be counterproductive, that's why it's so high on this list, but let's be honest some players have found ways to make cannons out of TNT, turning it into one of the strongest long-range weapons; also, a very creative one.
To craft it you are going to need:
· 4 blocks of sand
· 5 pieces of gunpowder
· Also requires a lot of patience and caution… you'll never know when it can potentially blow up in your face! So grab your TNT, your pistons and your red stone and let's get creative!
9. Splash Potions (Poison and weakness):
Generally speaking, when it comes to talking about weapons, potions are the last thing to cross your mind, but these two are perfect for dealing damage and giving you a great advantage when it comes to hand to hand battle.
To obtain them you need:
· A brewing stand
· A normal potion of poison or weakness and
· 1 Piece of gunpowder.
8. Iron Sword:
The iron sword is probably the best option for a melee weapon if what you are looking for is something easy to obtain but powerful, being made of iron, one of the most abundant resources in Minecraft. All you have to do is find a cave get your tools and prepare for a long session of mining and smelting!.
· The Iron sword deals 6 of damage and will probably last long enough to take on the end dragon.
To craft it you are going to need:
· 2 iron ingots
· 1 stick
7. Stone Axe:
At first glance, it may seem a little strange to include a stone item on this list, since stone doesn't seem to be as powerful or durable as iron or diamond. But, in this case, stone axes deal the same damage as their iron and diamond equivalent; they are easier to obtain and craft, which makes them perfect for this list.
· The stone axe deals a 9 in damage, making it strong and highly obtainable for any player.
To craft a stone axe you will need
· 3 stone blocks
· 2 sticks.
When it comes to long-range battles; a bow may be the perfect weapon for the task, since it is easy to craft and can deal high amounts of damage in one shot.
· Bows can deal up to 10 of damage with a critical hit when it is fully loaded and it is fast and troubleless to recharge.
To Craft a Bow you will need:
· 3 sticks
· 3 strings,
· They can also be dropped by Skeletons.
The crossbow is like the bow's slower yet stronger brother and it is also perfect for situations where you need a high amount of accuracy. Crossbows can be loaded with either arrows or fireworks.
· They can deal up to a maximum of 18 damage when loaded with fireworks and a maximum of 11 with an arrow.
To craft a crossbow you will need:
· 3 Sticks
· 2 Strings
· 1 Iron ingot
· 1 Tripwire Hook
4. Diamond Sword:
This sword is like any other sword except for the fact that it is made from diamond; making it one of the most powerful craftable weapons in the game.
· The Diamond sword alone can deal 7 of damage, but with the Sharpness and Fire aspect enchantments, it can become one of the best melee weapons you can put your hands on. Just be careful, diamonds are hard to get, so you may as well stick to iron swords.
To craft it you are going to need:
· 2 Diamonds
· 1 Stick,
3. Netherite Axe:
Once again the axe proves to be an impressive and powerful weapon, ranking in third place on our list;
· The netherite axe deals a 10 in damage.
To craft it you will need:
· To craft it you will need to use a diamond axe on a smithing table with a netherite ingot, and you'll be ready to take on anyone who makes fun of you for being the crazy guy with the axe.
The trident is one of the most powerful weapons you can put your hands on in Minecraft, but it is also one of the hardest to get since you have a 15% chance of getting one when killing a Drowned Zombie, but with the right enchantments you´ll get a weapon that works for both close and long-range combat.
· The Trident can deal over 9 in damage either thrown or in close combat.
To obtain it you will need:
· A drowned zombie can drop one after being killed
1. Netherite Sword:
This is one of Minecraft's newest additions and also a great one, being one of the strongest materials in the game, then it would be logical that a sword made from netherite would be the most powerful weapon you could get.
· The sword alone can deal up to 8 in damage, but with the right enchantments, you could turn it into the world's most destructive weapon ever created!
To craft it you will need:
· To craft it you'll need to upgrade your diamond sword with a netherite Ingot on a smithing table.
So, with this top 10 I hope you are now ready to take on the harsh creatures that wander through the world of Minecraft, it doesn't matter if you are killing a mob of zombies or aiming to take down the End dragon; This top ten will make it a lot easier for you. Except for Herobrine, stay away from that monster.
You will also be interested:
- Trims for sale
- Nobuffer youtube
- Blue springs tattoo
- Does rite aid have flowers
- Script hook v
- Voyager 150 pool filter
- Briggs & stratton recoil assembly
- Unicorn hd wallpaper
- Laser voucher checks
- Modern plant trellis
- Ashley adjustable base reviews
- Built in glassdoor
- Rx king cobra