Duties and Responsibilities
The primary duties of the Adams county Assessor’s Office are to determine the assessed values of real and personal property and certify those values to the County Auditor for taxing purposes.
Additionally the Assessor's Office is responsible for the following tasks:
- Serves as Inheritance Tax Appraiser to release bank accounts, stocks, bonds and other personal assets held by the decedent
- Identifies Townships for the Bureau of Motor Vehicle’s distribution of Excise Taxes
- Provides information to individual Taxpayers, Realtors, Appraisers, and Insurance companies.
- Works closely with the DLGF to adopt rules for assessing property in Indiana
- The Assessor serves as Secretary to the county Property Tax Assessment Board of Appeals
Property Value Determination
Values are determined by periodic on-site inspections of the property in accordance with state guidelines.
The annual date of assessment is March 1.
Personal Property Tax
Self Assessment forms for personal property are available each spring. The forms must be filed by May 15. Copies of the form are available at the Adams County Assessor’s Office or the self assessment forms (103, 103s, 104, 102) are also available online.
The County Surveyor is a valuable asset to your county. Your County Surveyor has copies of old aerial photography and is a good source of survey data for local surveyors. They also have the following duties:
- Maintains Bench Mark date files
- Maintains cornerstones and witness posts
- Maintains Section Corner date files - maps
- Manages 2 budgets; Surveyor and Drainage Board
- Member of County Plan Commission
- Member of County Design Board
- Member of MRBC (St. Mary’s River)
- Member of St. Mary's Watershed Board
- Member of UWRBC (Wabash River)
- Perpetuates and maintains Section corners according to Indiana law (I,C 36-2-12-11)
- Provides plat maps, topographical and aerial information upon request
- Reviews private pond permits
- Reviews subdivision, and commercial site development plans, storm water Management
- Supervise office staff and Ditch Technicians
Please visit the Drainage Boardsection for construction, reconstruction, and maintenance of all regulated drains in the county.
Adams County GIS Maps Search (Indiana)
Perform a free Adams County, IN public GIS maps search, including geographic information systems, GIS services, and GIS databases.
The Adams County GIS Maps Search (Indiana) links below open in a new window and take you to third party websites that provide access to Adams County public records. Editors frequently monitor and verify these resources on a routine basis.
Help others by sharing new links and reporting broken links.
Adams County GIS Mapshttp://arcgis.co.adams.in.us/Html5Viewer/index.htmlFind Adams County GIS maps, tax maps, and parcel viewers to search for and identify land and property records.
Adams County GIS Maps (Washington)http://arcgis.co.adams.in.us/Html5Viewer/Index.htmlView Adams County GIS map, including parcels, municipal boundaries, roads and waterways.
Adams County Geographical Information Systems GIS Mapshttp://www.co.adams.in.us/180/Geographical-Information-Systems-GISSearch Adams County Geographical Information Systems GIS maps database by owner name, property class and parcel and neighborhood number.
Find Adams County GIS Maps
Adams County GIS Maps are cartographic tools to relay spatial and geographic information for land and property in Adams County, Indiana. GIS stands for Geographic Information System, the field of data management that charts spatial locations. GIS Maps are produced by the U.S. government and private companies. Because GIS mapping technology is so versatile, there are many different types of GIS Maps that contain a wide range of information. These maps can transmit topographic, structural, hydrographic, historical, and population data, among other types of information.Learn about GIS Maps, including:
- Where to get Adams County GIS Maps online
- How to access county parcel viewers
- What types of GIS Maps are available
- Which GIS Maps are available to the public
- How GIS Maps are used by the public and local government
GIS Maps Search near Adams County
Adams County Public Records
Indiana mapping gis county adams
.ArcGIS GIS Crash Course 1/17/2020 - Indiana State University
- High five duo
- Oklahoma car rental
- Vintage bathroom curtains
- Tabletop accent pieces
- Nbc 2
- Macbook pro 16 screen flickering
- Finacial advisor salary