2022 KLR®650 Motorcycle
ESCAPE. EXPLORE. ENVY.
Kawasaki KLR 650 Returns for 2022
January 26, 2021
For 2022, Kawasaki welcomes the return of the widely popular and critically acclaimed all-new KLR®650 motorcycle to its lineup. The legendary dual-sport bike is back and better than ever, refined and ready to make new memories. Featuring new technology you’ve been waiting for, and the same reputable reliability, the KLR®650 is ready for your next expedition. Whether it’s traveling long distances or making the daily commute, this adventure-hungry, on-and off-road machine offers the versatility and toughness required to accommodate any adventure.
The all-new 2022 KLR650 receives the addition of fuel injection to the 652cc single-cylinder engine offering increased reliability and fuel efficiency. A new multi-functional digital instrumentation panel with a fuel gauge is paired with a new fuel tank design with greater useable volume. Numerous parts have been updated for increased riding confidence when carrying luggage, reduced vibrations, and increased generator capacity, contributing to the improved performance and ride comfort that is needed when searching for a tough adventure partner.
The all-new KLR650 features a new LED headlight, is available with optional ABS, provides a terrific riding position for all-day riding comfort and boasts plenty of carrying capacity. For 2022 the KLR650 motorcycle will also be available in two new special edtions featuring a number of Kawasaki Genuine Accessories including side cases, engine guards, LED auxililary light set, and more.
2022 KLR650 HIGHLIGHTS
• NEW Fuel Injected 652 cc Single-Cylinder Engine
• NEW Multi-Functional Digital Instrumentation With Fuel Gauge
• NEW LED Headlight
• NEW Bodywork including fuel tank
• NEW Larger Front Disc And Optional ABS
• NEW Greater Wind Protection and Styling
• NEW Increased Carrying Capacity
• NEW Fuel Injection
• NEW Revised Cam Profiles
• NEW Exhaust Pipe Diameter
• NEW Updated Clutch
• NEW Increased ACG Output
• NEW Low Maintainence Battery
• NEW Lighter Starter, Ignition Coil, And Evaporator Canister
• NEW Honeycomb Catalyzer
The KLR650 is powered by one of the most well-known, reliable, and trusted engines in the motorcycle industry. Its liquid cooled, four-stroke, 652 cc single-cylinder engine features a DOHC cylinder head and produces a flat power curve that lets you navigate challenging roads and cruise at freeway speeds . The 2022 model is now equipped with fuel injection, which, combined with the fuel tank’s greater useable volume, contributes to an increased range between fuel stops, while updates for increased durability ensure the reliability expected of an adventure tourer.
Featuring fuel injection for the first time, starting the KLR650 has never been easier, especially at high altitude or in cold conditions, and its reliability and performance have been increased. A 10-hole fine-atomizing injector sprays 60 µm droplets, which contributes to efficient air-fuel mixing for efficient combustion. Revised intake and exhaust cam profiles improve mid-range power and torque characteristics. A stronger cam chain guide material and shape add to the increased reliability.
The exhaust pipe diameter has been reduced by 7.7 mm to improve mid-range torque characteristics to better suit everyday riding. An oxygen sensor provides feedback to the fuel injection system, contributing to cleaner exhaust emissions and increased fuel efficiency.
Several updates have been made to improve shifting feel and reduce weight. In the clutch and transmission, the clutch release bearings were changed from ball to thrust-needle bearings, the gear dogs and shift fork have been revised on third gear, and a new finishing treatment is now used for fourth and fifth gears.
A new sealed battery adds to the convenience and is significantly lighter than the previous battery. The starter, ignition coil, and evaporator canister have all been revised and are now lighter than on previous models.
• NEW Rear Frame
• NEW Swingarm
• NEW Larger Swingarm Pivot Shaft
The KLR650 motorcycle’s proven and high tensile, semi-double-cradle frame receives several updates on the 2022 model. The updates now include a rear frame that is integrated with the main frame to increase torsional rigidity for a more composed ride and a 30mm longer swingarm with a 2mm larger diameter swingarm pivot shaft that also contributes to better handling.
SUSPENSION & WHEELS
• NEW Front and Rear Suspension Settings
• NEW Larger Front Brake Disc
• NEW Thicker Rear Brake Disc
• NEW Optional ABS Models
• NEW Stronger Rear Wheel Rim Material
• NEW Larger-Diameter Axle Shafts
Both front and rear suspension settings complement the new frame to help provide a more planted feel. In order to meet the demands of both on and off-road riding, 41 mm front forks with 200 mm of suspension travel handle the suspension duties up front and add the rigidity needed for superb performance. Firm fork springs provide excellent bump compliance and bottoming resistance while also reducing front-end dive under heavy braking.
An adjustable Uni-Trak® system with 185 mm of suspension travel can be found on the rear and complements the front fork settings, offering progressive rear suspension action while contributing to a low center of gravity. Firm rear shock settings help resist bottoming in rough terrain and accommodate heavy loads. Rear spring preload and rebound damping adjustments allow riders to fine-tune suspension settings to suit the riding conditions and rider’s preference. The front fork and rear shock settings complement each other for light, sharp handling on smooth roads while providing the capability needed off-road.
Complementing the KLR650 motorcycle’s more powerful engine is a larger 300mm front brake disc that delivers more substantial braking power. The disc shape has been changed from a petal-type disc to a round disc, adding to its tough appearance. On the rear brakes, the disc has been thickened to provide better heat dissipation when under heavy braking. Similar to the front, the back disc shape is now round. Models with and without ABS are now available and the ABS offers additional rider reassurance when riding on low-friction surfaces.
The KLR650 comes equipped with a 21” front wheel and 17” rear wheel that allows riding to be continued even when the paved road ends. A stronger material can now be found on the rear wheel rim, delivering improved torsional rigidity and increased durability. The front and rear tires are tube types, making it possible for the rider to carry out any necessary roadside repairs. A larger-diameter front and rear wheel axle contribute to both durability and handling.
• NEW Fine-Tuned Handlebar And Footpeg Positions
• NEW Rubber Mounts On Handlebars And Footpegs
• NEW Fuel Tank Design With More Useable Volume
• NEW Taller Windshield For Increased Wind Protection
• NEW Seat Design And Materials For Improved Comfort
• NEW Pillion Grab Bars For Passenger Comfort
• NEW 30 mm Shorter Side Stand
The KLR650 has long been known for its comfortable, upright riding position, and for 2022 it has been fine-tuned to deliver a stress-free position for a longer adventure. One significant improvement has been the reduction of vibration from parts that come in contact with the rider, further contributing to comfort when on long rides.
Fine-tuned handlebar and footpeg positions have each been moved 10 mm outwards to provide adjustability and put the rider in a slightly more relaxed position, to support longer hours in the saddle. The handlebars and footpegs are now rubber-mounted, reducing vibration for improved comfort. A new fuel tank design has been fitted to the KLR650 chassis, offering a natural fit with the rider’s knees for comfort and increased controllability. While the volume of the new fuel tank remains the same, the useable volume has been increased through redesign and a new fuel pump that draws from the very bottom of the tank, contributing to a longer cruising range.
Aiding the rider up front, a new stylish windshield can be found, which is now 50 mm taller for better wind protection and features two-position bolt-on adjustability that allows windshield height to be conveniently increased a further 30 mm. The seat shape and cover have been revised and the optimized urethane thickness and firmness all contribute to increased ride comfort. Under the seat, rubber dampers have been added to further aid in rider comfort. Passenger grab bars have been reshaped, improving passenger comfort. The side stand has been shortened 30 mm, making it easier to deploy when on the bike.
BODYWORK & STYLING
• NEW Shroud, Side Cover, And Tail Cowl
• NEW Bright LED Headlight
• NEW Taillight And Turn Signal
• NEW All-Digital Instrument Panel
• NEW Longer Mirror Arms
The KLR650’s robust design reflects the bike’s capabilities for an unforgettable adventure. New colors and textured graphics were specially chosen to emphasize its ruggedness. Its modern styling includes a protector-equipped shroud design that contributes to a functional and rugged image, while a new side cover design and tail cowl tie the robust styling package together. In addition to the windshield offering increased wind protection, it also adds to the tough adventure tourer appearance that Kawasaki engineers set out to achieve on the KLR650.
A new bright LED headlight illuminates the way when the ride continues past sunset and also contributes to the intended adventure styling. In the back, a revised taillight and turn signal design add to the tough styling. Rearward field of vision has been improved thanks to longer mirror arms. An all-digital instrument panel offers information at-a-glance through a large display and easy-to- read LCD screen with white backlighting. The instrument panel features a speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel gauge, clock, and indicator lamps. The narrowed-down display list prioritizes visibility of the speedometer and fuel gauge.
A number of Kawasaki Genuine Accessories (KGA) will allow riders to personalize the looks of their KLR650 and offer added comfort and convenience. Kawasaki accessory side cases and top case were developed to provide a clean look with their well-matched design. The side cases feature a top-opening design that makes it easy to add and remove items when they are mounted on the bike. The side cases easily clip onto their mounting brackets for a secure fit. The top case is large enough to accommodate an off-road style helmet. Improving convenience, side cases and the top case can be fitted with a one-key system. Complementing the accessory luggage, a larger aluminum rear carrier offers improved carrying capacity. In addition to its exclusive luggage, accessories include grip heater set, LED auxiliary light set, engine guards, DC power outlet, and USB socket.
Also new for the 2022 KLR650 are two model variations that feature factory-equipped accessories and both come standard with ABS. The KLR® 650 ADVENTURE model comes equipped with factory- installed side cases, LED auxiliary light set, engine guards, tank pad, and both DC power outlet and USB socket and is available in the Cypher Camo Gray colorway. This model is designed for the adventurer who is looking for increased carry capacity and convenience. The KLR® 650 TRAVELER model features a factory-installed top case and both DC power outlet and USB socket and comes in Pearl Lava Orange colorway.
The 2022 KLR650 is available in Pearl Sand Khaki and Pearl Lava Orange. The KLR650 ABS is available in Pearl Sand Khaki. The KLR650 ADVENTURE model is available in Cypher Camo Gray and the KLR650 TRAVELER model is available in Pearl Lava Orange.
KLR650 – $6,699
KLR650 ABS – $6,999
KLR650 TRAVELER – $7,399
KLR650 ADVENTURE – $7,999
OutdoorX4 Magazine – Promoting responsible vehicle-based adventure travel and outdoors adventure
The Best Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories of 2021 – Reviewed and Top Rated
After hours researching and comparing all models on the market, we find out the Best Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories of 2021. Check our ranking below.
2,918 Reviews Scanned
- Conditon:100% Brand New,High class quality and very durable,protect frame and engine from contacting the ground in the event of a fall or slide, minimizing damage to your motorcycle.
- Fitment: Rear side crash bar for Kawasaki Klr650 1987-2018
- Motorcycle crash bars are constructed of solid tubularsteel in black powder coating by well welded , which enhances durability and corrosion resistance. Strong, solid and durable, no deformation after long using time.
- Super easy to install. Highway crash bars offering your motorcycle a classic fashion motorcycle look while providing added protection.
- Package included: 1 x Side Crashbars,without bolts, installation instructions not included.
- The Crash Bars are perfect for your dual sport and adventure motorcycle riding needs.The Engine Crash Guards are made from tough 1" powder-coated steel tubing so they will hold up on all your adventure motorcycle rides. The 3-point mounting system ensures strength while providing crash protection to your engine, vital components, and shrouds.
- The Crash Bars/Engine Guards are machine specific for a perfect fit and simple installation.
- Made from tough 1" powder-coated steel tubing and features a 3-point mount system for ultimate strength.
- Powder coated black finish. Sold in Pairs. Mounting hardware included. 2.2mm wall thickness;
- Fitment: Original Kawasaki Skid Plate; Ricochet Offroad Skid Plate; SW –MOTECH Aluminum Skid Plate
- YB14L-A2 is a 12V 12AH 210 Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) Battery
- Dimensions: 5.27 inches x 3.50 inches x 6.53 inches. Polarity: Positive on Right, Negative on Left. Listing is for the Battery and Screws only. No wire harness or mounting accessories included.
- SLA / AGM spill proof battery has a characteristic of high discharge rate, wide operating temperatures, long service life and deep discharge recover.
- Rechargeable battery that can be mounted in any position, resists shocks and vibration. Long lasting high performance in high and low temperatures.
- Backed by a 30 day refund policy and full 1 year warranty.
- Since Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- (KHI), built its first motorcycle in 1953, they've never stopped pushing technology to arm riders with what they need to dominate the streets.
- Advanced engineering, exhaustive testing, and tireless passion go into every motorcycle every time rubber hits the road.
- From industry-first features to the features that have evolved over a long history, KHI's innovations will never stop feeding the insatiable appetites of riders around the world.Note: Order saddlebags, tail trunk, tank bag separately.Detailed Specific
- FITMENT: KLR650 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008 KLR650 Camo 2018, 2017, 2016 KLR650 New Edition 2014
- This is where it all began, 30 years ago - Polisport started building aftermarket parts so that everyone could enjoy their bikes without worry and with even better looks and improved performance.
- Performance plastics kick-started its success and are still the core of Polisport.
- Polisport's Durable Gloss Polypropylene (DGP), the first plastic composition for off-road that incorporates maximum gloss and high resistance to breaking.
- Injection-molded, quality Radiator Shrouds with a perfect O.E.M.
- type fit and plenty of space for sponsor decals.
- ENGINEERED POWER: State-of-the-art filtration media provides up to 50% more airflow than disposable paper filters to increase power and acceleration. Clogged or dirty air filters can reduce your vehicle’s acceleration by up to 10%
- EASY INSTALLATION: Pre-oiled and ready to install. One of the easiest and most cost-effective upgrades for your motorcycle or ATV for quick performance gains
- SAVES MONEY: K&N high-flow replacement air filters will save you $250 over 10 years by avoiding disposable filters
- ECO-FRIENDLY: Using a washable, reusable product helps reduce replacement waste. A K&N filter will last longer than 10 disposable filters
- WORLD CLASS PROTECTION: Pushing the limits of engine protection by protecting your engine from harmful contaminants
- Material: Made of sturdy metal,excellent performance, and long lasting,attractive black powder coated adds corrosion resistance & durability.
- Centerstand: Perfect fit on your KLR 650,no problem even with a heavy bike,great build quality，works great for oil changes, chain maintenance, etc.
- Fitment: Our motorcycle center kick stand plate compatible with Kawasaki KLR650 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018,please check the model and year before purchasing.
- Funtion: Keeps your motorcycle angled correctly for a stable and safe standing position,it's easy to change the rear tire when keeps the rear tire off the ground a few inches.A foot lever arm included in the center bracket is beneficial for lifting the bicycle off the ground.
- Sweet Tip: Easy to install,100% brand new; Packaged including 1* KLR650 Centerstand and comes with instruction and hardware.Please cotact us any time if you have any question about our product,we will hep you solve it and reply you as soon as possible.
- National Cycle's VStream® is revolutionizing motorcycle windscreen performance! While other manufacturers offer taller screens or air spoiler tops, National Cycle designed, for the first time ever, a windscreen with airflow calculated and adjusted to
- Constructed from thick, durable hardcoated Lexan® polycarbonate material.
- DOT and ABE approved.
- Coated with National Cycle's exclusive scratch-resistant Quantum™ hardcoating or FMR hardcoating (depending on windscreen shape and size).
- Fairing-Mount VStream® Windscreens use the bike's original mounting hardware.
Last update on 2021-08-24 / Affiliate links / Product Titles, Images, Descriptions from Amazon Product Advertising API
How Do You Buy The Best Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories?
Do you get stressed out thinking about shopping for a great Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories? Do doubts keep creeping into your mind? We understand, because we’ve already gone through the whole process of researching Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories, which is why we have assembled a comprehensive list of the greatest Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories available in the current market. We’ve also come up with a list of questions that you probably have yourself.
We’ve done the best we can with our thoughts and recommendations, but it’s still crucial that you do thorough research on your own for Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories that you consider buying. Your questions might include the following:
- Is it worth buying an Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories?
- What benefits are there with buying an Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories?
- What factors deserve consideration when shopping for an effective Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories?
- Why is it crucial to invest in any Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories, much less the best one?
- Which Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories are good in the current market?
- Where can you find information like this about Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories?
We’re convinced that you likely have far more questions than just these regarding Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories, and the only real way to satisfy your need for knowledge is to get information from as many reputable online sources as you possibly can.
Potential sources can include buying guides for Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories, rating websites, word-of-mouth testimonials, online forums, and product reviews. Thorough and mindful research is crucial to making sure you get your hands on the best-possible Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories. Make sure that you are only using trustworthy and credible websites and sources.
We provide an Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories buying guide, and the information is totally objective and authentic. We employ both AI and big data in proofreading the collected information. How did we create this buying guide? We did it using a custom-created selection of algorithms that lets us manifest a top-10 list of the best available Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories currently available on the market.
This technology we use to assemble our list depends on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the following:
- Brand Value: Every brand of Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories has a value all its own. Most brands offer some sort of unique selling proposition that’s supposed to bring something different to the table than their competitors.
- Features: What bells and whistles matter for an Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories?
- Specifications: How powerful they are can be measured.
- Product Value: This simply is how much bang for the buck you get from your Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories.
- Customer Ratings: Number ratings grade Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories objectively.
- Customer Reviews: Closely related to ratings, these paragraphs give you first-hand and detailed information from real-world users about their Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories.
- Product Quality: You don’t always get what you pay for with an Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories, sometimes less, and sometimes more.
- Product Reliability: How sturdy and durable an Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories is should be an indication of how long it will work out for you.
We always remember that maintaining Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories information to stay current is a top priority, which is why we are constantly updating our websites. Learn more about us using online sources.
If you think that anything we present here regarding Kawasaki Klr 650 Accessories is irrelevant, incorrect, misleading, or erroneous, then please let us know promptly! We’re here for you all the time. Contact us here. Or You can read more about us to see our vision.
Aftermarket motorcycle klr 650 parts accessories for kawasaki klr650
Q1. What is your terms of packing?
A: Generally, we pack our goods in neutral white boxes and brown cartons. If you have legally registered patent, we can pack the goods in your branded boxes after getting your authorization letters.
Q2. What is your terms of payment?
A: T/T 30% as deposit, and 70% before delivery. We'll show you the photos of the products and packages before you pay the balance.
Q3. What is your terms of delivery?
A: EXW, FOB, CFR, CIF, DDU.
Q4. How about your delivery time?
A: Generally, it will take 30 to 90 days after receiving your advance payment. The specific delivery time depends on the items and the quantity of your order.
Q5. Can you produce according to the samples?
A: Yes, we can produce by your samples or technical drawings. We can build the molds and fixtures.
Q6. What is your sample policy?
A: We can supply the sample if we have ready parts in stock, but the customers have to pay the sample cost and the courier cost.
Q7. Do you test all your goods before delivery?
A: Yes, we have 100% test before delivery
Q8: How do you make our business long-term and good relationship?
A:1. We keep good quality and competitive price to ensure our customers benefit ;
2. We respect every customer as our friend and we sincerely do business and make friends with them, no matter where they come from.
Kawasaki KLR650 Parts & Spares – Only Genuine Parts Sold – Guaranteed.
Buy original, new parts for a Kawasaki KLR650 motorcycle from Europe’s Number 1 spare parts provider - MSP.
Largely forgotten liquid-cooled, single-cylinder trail bike was actually one of the best of the breed and remained in production from 1987 all the way to 2002. The lumpy engine was durable and more potent than most; the chassis quietly competent and overall it got on with its versatile business without any fuss or drama. Few survive today, however, but if you do find one it’s still a usable thumper.
Looking for spare parts for your Kawasaki KLR650? Use our super easy instant part search.
MODEL YEARS AVAILABLE
Kawasaki KLR650 1987 Spare Parts
Kawasaki KLR650 1988 Spare Parts
Kawasaki KLR650 1989 Spare Parts
Kawasaki KLR650 1995 Spare Parts
Kawasaki KLR650 1996 Spare Parts
Kawasaki KLR650 1997 Spare Parts
Kawasaki KLR650 1998 Spare Parts
Kawasaki KLR650 1999 Spare Parts
Kawasaki KLR650 2001 Spare Parts
Kawasaki KLR650 2002 Spare Parts
Accessories kawasaki klr650
.First 5 items to buy for a new Kawasaki KLR 650 - ADVenture bike build PART 1
You will also like:
- Obs studio widgets
- Shiva tattoo on neck
- Weather reynoldsburg oh
- Two point shot crossword
- Keg and case
- Mn millennial farmer
- Audio control module ford focus
- Corey miller facebook
- Tara strong imdb
- Candle branding ideas
- Skyrim skeleton key