Bob's Burgers Will Recast Show's Black Transgender Character, Marshmallow
Loren Bouchard, the creator of Bob's Burgers, revealed that plans are in place to recast the Black transgender character Marshmallow.
Several days ago, Bob's Burgers creator Loren Bouchard revealed plans to recast Kristen Bell's character with a person of color in his new series, Central Park. Now, Bouchard has stated there is also a plan to recast Marshmallow, who is a popular Black transgender character on Bob's Burgers.
Bouchard shared the Central Park team's statement about Kristen Bell's recasting on Twitter, to which a user replied, "Now do the same for our girl Marshmallow." Bouchard then commented, "yes. on it."
RELATED: Bob's Burgers Artist Celebrates Parks and Rec Reunion with Cast Drawing
Marshmallow made her debut in the sixth episode of Bob's Burgers first season. In every appearance, Marshmellow has been voiced by David Herman, who voices several other characters in the series, including Phillip Frond, Mr. Branca and Mr. Larsen.
Recently, the animation community has stepped up to announce additional voice cast changes, with the crew behind Netflix's Big Mouth stating they will recast bi-racial character, Missy, with a Black voice actor. Additionally, The Simpsons plans to only cast people of color for non-white characters in the future.
RELATED: Disney Announces [email protected] Panels for Simpsons, Stumptown and More
Created by Loren Bouchard, Bob's Burgers airs Sundays at 8:30pm ET/PT on Fox. The series stars H. Jon Benjamin, John Roberts, Dan Mintz, Eugene Mirman and Kristen Schaal.
Futurama, Sons of Anarchy's Katey Sagal Hospitalized After Being Hit by CarAbout The Author
John Ridlehoover is a writer based in South Carolina. His obsession with comics borders on unhealthy and he has a deep love for punk and hip hop. He makes comics @rantscomics.
Bob's Burgers creator expects to recast Black transgender sex worker Marshmallow, who's voiced by a white cisgender male actor
When Bob's Burgers creator Loren Bouchard and his collaborators announced last week that Kristen Bell was exiting her Central Park mixed-race Black role, a Twitter commenter tweeted: “Now do the same for our girl Marshmallow.” To which, Bouchard responded: "yes. on it." Marshmallow is voiced by white cisgender actor David Herman, best known for playing Michael Bolton in the movie Office Space. "Removing Herman from that role is a good step," says Alison Foreman. "But the problem with Marshmallow goes far beyond the actor who voices her. For years, Bob’s fans have expressed concern about how Marshmallow is (and isn’t) portrayed. While the Emmy-winning show is typically praised for its inclusive, warm messaging, it's been surprisingly obtuse in its handling of the show’s only Black trans character."
TOPICS: Bob's Burgers, FOX, David Herman, Loren Bouchard, African Americans and TV, LGBTQ
|Bob's Burgers character|
|Behind the scenes|
|First||"Sheesh! Cab, Bob?"|
|Voiced by||David Herman (formerly)|
|“||'Cause if you show me a sweet potato pie, I am on top of it.||”|
Marshmallow is a transgender sex worker that Bob befriends during the episode "Sheesh! Cab, Bob?" Bob invites her to Tina's 13th birthday party when Bob accidentally invites his friends of the night. She has since become a fan favorite and appeared many times in the series. She is described as one who "comes and goes as she pleases, answers to no one and is truly free."
- Marshmallow was originally voiced by David Herman before the role was recast in light of several recastings by other animated shows influenced by the Black Lives Matter campaign, although she hasn't appeared since season 8.
- A running joke with Marshmallow is that whenever Bob first sees her, he responds with a subdued, "Oh, hey Marshmallow".
- Another running gag with Marshmallow is her tendency to speak in rhyme as seen in "Lice Things Are Lice", "Paraders of the Lost Float" and "I Get Psy-chic Out of You".
- Marshmallow claims to have the ability to crack anyone's back.
- She owned a rhinestone platform high heel shoe, purchased at the over-sized women's shoe store, Toe-tanic, that she left in the restaurant once which Linda later uses for her "wine shoe" idea (Marshmallow didn't want it back because it was "out of season") ("The Hormone-iums").
- The manner in which Bob and Marshmallow met is not clarified. She is assumed to be friends with Marbles, Cha-Cha & Glitter, but is never shown riding in Bob's cab.
- In "The Bleakening", Marshmallow states her age to be 23.
Marshmallow when asked about her name
Marshmallow bobs burgers
.That Time Bob's Burgers was Pretty Transphobic - Lessons Animation Taught Us II
You will also like:
- Vertex excel templates
- Kingdom hearts vinyl
- Gibson sg pickup
- Gas airsoft guns
- Sick meaning in urdu
- Bars near moma
- Atx motherboard connections
- Caption one login
- Nursing education books pdf
- Languages dnd 5e