How to Reset the Oil Change Required on a Ford Vehicle
Ford vehicles have a light that displays on the dashboard to alert the driver that the time has come to change the oil. The vehicle’s computer monitors a number of factors such as engine load, rpm and trip duration in order to determine when to display the message. This message will remain displayed until the driver follows a special sequence using the trip/reset button near the odometer.
Place the Ford vehicle’s transmission into park or first gear (manual). Apply the parking brake and turn off the engine. Turn the ignition back to the “ON” position, but do not start the engine.
Press and release the trip/reset button repeatedly to cycle through the available on-screen options until the display reads “OIL LIFE = XXX% HOLD RESET.”
Press and hold the trip/reset button until the display reads “OIL LIFE SET TO 100%.”
Turn the ignition to the “OFF” position. Start the engine and verify that the oil change required message is no longer displayed.
- This procedure is the same for most Ford vehicles. If it doesn't work for your particular vehicle, consult your owner's manual.
Kyle Sanstrom has been writing professionally since 2008. His articles have been published on several websites including eHow and Automobile Insight. Sanstrom has undergone advanced automotive training at the Dunwoody College of Technology, holds an Associate of Arts in general studies from Century College and has more than 10 years of experience in all aspects of automotive repair and diagnosis.
More ArticlesSours: https://itstillruns.com/reset-change-required-ford-vehicle-7473023.html
HOW TO RESET: FORD RANGER
Step by Steps Tutorial on how to reset the Oil Light and Oil Change Required message on Ford Ranger (Lariat,Xl,XLt,T6) from year 1998-1999-2000-2001-2002-2003-2004-2005-2006-2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-2019-2020.
Ford Ranger Oil Light Reset without Driver Information Button.
- Make sure the Engine and Ignition is OFF.
- Press Both The Brake And Accelerator Pedals At The Same Time Turn the IGNITION ON. Continue Press the Brake and Accelerator Pedal for 20 Seconds until the OIL LIGHT Flashing and the Oil Lamp Will Illuminate.
- Release The Brake And Gas Pedals.
- Turn Ignition Off. Oil Reset Is Complete.
Ford Ranger Oil Change Required Reset
Reset the OIL CHANGE REQUIRED using the Driver Information Control Button.
- Turn the Ignition On. Don’t start the engine.
- Press the Left Arrow to Display the Menu.
- Use Down Arrow then Select SETTINGS, the Press OK Button.
- Press the right arrow button, then from this menu scroll to the VEHICLE.
- Press the right arrow button, then from this menu scroll to OIL LIFE RESET. Then Press OK BUTTON.
- After you select the the OIL LIFE RESET the remaining PERCENT OIL LIFE is displayed.
- While the Percent Oil life is displayed. HOLD and Press the OK BUTTON, until the Oil Life Reset to 100%.
- Turn Ignition OFF. Oil Reset is complete.
About Ford Ranger
Ford Ranger is a nameplate that has been used on three distinct model lines of vehicles sold by Ford. The name originated in 1958 when the Edsel Ranger was introduced as the base trim level of the Edsel model range. From 1965 to 1981, Ranger denoted various trim packages of the Ford F-Series (and Ford Bronco), serving as a mid- to top-level trim.
For the 1983 model year, the Ford Ranger nameplate was applied to a new compact pickup truck, replacing the 1972-1982 Ford Courier in North America. In global markets, Ford began use of the Ranger nameplate in 1998 in place of Courier, with all compact trucks named Ranger by 2006.
For 2011, the Ranger was discontinued in the United States and Canada. The same year, Ford commenced production of a mid-size Ford Ranger; sold globally (other than the United States and Canada until 2019), production was revived in the United States in 2018. (source: wiki)
Thank you very much! 🙂
Ford Escape: How to Reset Oil Life
The Ford Escape will display an “Oil Change Required” or “Change Engine Oil Soon” message on the instrument panel whenever the vehicle has travelled about 3,000 miles since the last oil reset. Once you have had maintenance service performed on the vehicle, use these steps to reset the oil life.
- Press the “Engine Start/Stop” button once without holding the brake. Do not start the engine.
- Press the ☰ “Menu” button on the steering wheel to display the menu options.
- Use the ▲▼ arrows on the steering wheel to highlight “Settings“. Press OK to select.
- Use the ▲▼ arrows to highlight “Oil Life“. Press “OK” to select.
- Press and hold the “OK” button for about 3 seconds. This should complete the reset.
- Using the directional pad on the steering wheel, highlight “Settings“, then press OK to select.
- Arrow down to “Vehicle“, then press OK to select.
- Arrow down to “Oil Life Reset“, then press OK to select.
- Press and hold the “OK” button. You should see a message on the display that indicates the oil reset was successful.
- For key ignition models, start with the ignition “Off“. For push button models, press the “Engine Start/Stop” button once to turn on the electronics. Do not start the engine.
- Press and hold both the gas and brake pedals simultaneously.
- For key ignition modules, turn the key to the “On” position. Do not start the engine. Ignore this step if you have a push button model.
- Continue holding both the gas and brake for about 20 seconds. You should see a message appear on the display that says the “Service: Oil reset in prog.“.
- Once the display says “Service: Oil reset complete“, you’re done. You have successfully reset the oil life.
I hope this tutorial has helped you with the steps on how to reset the “Oil Change Required” and “Change Engine Oil Soon” notification on your Ford Escape. Please feel free to share your experience in the comments section.
Filed Under: GuidesTagged With: Ford EscapeSours: https://hiride.com/ford-escape-reset-oil-life/
Ford Escape Guide: Resetting Your Oil Change Indicator SystemBy Product Expert | Posted in Ford Escape on Thursday, April 23rd, 2020 at 9:54 pm
How to Reset the Engine Oil Change Light on the Ford Escape
Your Ford Escape may come equipped with an Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor system that helps determine when it’s time for an oil change based on a number of conditions that affect the quality of the oil over time. Resetting your Escape’s Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor promptly after each oil change is key to ensuring your oil life reading is as accurate as possible. You can learn to reset the engine oil change light on your Ford Escape SUV by following these steps.
Read More: 2020 Ford Escape Exterior Color Options
Ford Escape Oil Change Indicator Reset Method
- Using the information display controls on the steering wheel, scroll to ‘Settings’ and press the right arrow button.
- Scroll to ‘Vehicle’ and press the right arrow button.
- Scroll to ‘Oil Life’ and press the right arrow button.
- Press and hold the OK button until a ‘Reset Successful’ message appears.
NOTE: If the instrument cluster display reads ‘Not Reset’ or ‘Reset Cancelled,’ carefully repeat the procedure.
Read More: 2020 Ford Escape New Feature Highlights
Please note that your engine oil change interval will fluctuate based on your personal driving habits. This interval can last up to one year or 10,000 miles for gas-powered Ford vehicles. For hybrid models, your interval may even exceed 10,000 miles. It is strongly recommended by Ford Motor Company that you perform the oil change within two weeks or 500 miles of the Oil Change Indicator appearing.
Searching for reliable Ford maintenance in the Atlanta area? We have it! Visit us at the Akins Service Center in Winder, GA. Whether you need a fast oil change or more serious repair service, the Akins service team is properly trained to handle nearly all your vehicle maintenance needs.
This entry was posted on Thursday, April 23rd, 2020 at 9:54 pm and is filed under Ford Escape. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.Sours: http://www.akinsford.com/blog/ford-escape-guide-resetting-your-oil-change-indicator-system/
Reset ford oil
.How to reset \
You will also like:
- Best trip planner for tesla
- Jeep compass battery light
- True value stihl
- Howies water bottles
- Primaris indomitus
- Liberty mutual emu